ACA Level 5 Advanced Swiftwater Rescue Course
If you are looking to up your rescue skills this class is for you. The ACA Advanced Swiftwater Rescue course is aimed at trip leaders, boaters, paddling on more challenging whitewater, and anyone desiring opportunities to develop their rescue skills. We will look at new and advanced techniques that you can add to your skills tool kit. Also expect a lot of scenarios on the second day.
Course Prerequisites - Participants of this course should have already completed a ACA L:4 Swiftwater Course or have the base skills down before taking this course.
Base skills can include but not limited too -
- Ability to throw a throw bag to a person in moving water 40' to 50' out
- Have a base understanding of mechanical advantage systems
- Must be comfortable swimming and wading in class II, III whitewater
- Comfortable paddling class III whitewater
- Have performed tethered (live bait) rescues
For more information on this course and course content please see this link - Course Outline
Course Dates: TBD
Course Fee - $185 (includes camping for 2 nights)
Max Course Size - 10
Location - Nolichucky River
Please email us at H2ORESCUEGEAR@gmail.com to register. A non-refundable $50 deposit is required to save your spot. The remaining balance will be due the evening of the 7th.